Helping You Build The Perfect Lawn
Having trouble finding time to do those outdoor chores like mulching and lawn mowing? There is no need to worry with Zj’s on your side. We work hard to create the lawn you have always wanted.
We Focus On Your Landscaping and Lawn Needs
You want to keep your lawn in perfect condition. But like many, you just don’t have time to spend with all of the tasks that must be done. Give us a call today and see what we can do for you.
Here is a short list of the services we offer:
Mulching & Edging
Going beyond the basics, ZJ’s Estate Maintenance strives for long-term sustainability with all of your yard maintenance needs. Working to protect the health and beauty of your landscaping features, regardless of the time of year, our crews are as adept with our add-on services (like mulching and edging) as they are with our foundational services. By adding mulching and edging to your service package, you’ll have an outdoor living space you can be proud of year-round.
Yard mulching adds a layer of color and texture to your gardening beds and overall landscape design. Mulch does more than beautify your outdoor living space. The addition of mulch means improved water conservation, protection against harmful molds and pests, and boosted root health for plants. Available in a variety of colors, materials, and styles, mulch can also be used along walkways and in play areas.
Types of Mulch
There are a variety of mulching materials available, but they generally fall into two categories: organic and inorganic. ZJ’s Estate Maintenance can offer you a professional opinion on what type will work best for your yard and budget.
- Organic Mulches: Organic mulches are a very popular option when the soil needs to be amended or for a more natural product that can save on water use and prevent weed growth. Organic mulches are typically hard and soft wood chips, leaves, grass clippings, compost materials, or cardboard. The material will decompose over time, so organic mulches will need to be refreshed regularly. The landscaping professionals at ZJ’s often prefer using organic mulch because of the benefits it adds to the soil.
- Inorganic Mulches: These are materials that do not break down over time and include rock, stone, crusher dust, rubber, landscaping fabrics, or other man-made materials. Because these materials don’t break down, there is less maintenance involved, but it won’t have a positive impact on the soil like organic mulch,
Yard edging adds a clean, sharp appearance to your outdoor living space. Stabilizing gardening beds and keeping pathways clear of overgrowth, edging cuts down on yard maintenance while providing safety and beauty. Whether it’s along a walkway, driveway, or a flower garden, there are several edging materials that are great for a variety of homes and budgets. Here are a few types of edging that our landscapers love to use in our clients’ yards:
- Brick: Brick offers a classic look that can be installed with a variety of patterns. Brick also comes in several colors and sizes, making it easy to create a cohesive design throughout your landscape. They can lay flat or stand up on their side for a more distinct design.
- Concrete: The benefit of using concrete is that it can be made to look like brick or with a texture like stone. Concrete edging is also easy to install.
- Stone: Whether it’s real stone or a fabricated product that looks like stone, this is a beautiful material that gives any yard a natural look and beauty. Stone edging can come in several colors as well.
- Metal: Durable and modern, metal edging is easy to install and is a great option for homeowners who want a unique design. Metal is also flexible and can be made to fit different shapes or contours.
- Wood: Another natural edging material, wood edging often comes in short logs that are cut in half lengthwise. The pieces are commonly installed at staggering heights. The wood is typically pressure-treated to prevent deterioration over time.
Discover the many benefits of mulching and edging and requesting a free, on-site estimate. Call ZJ’s Estate Maintenance in Brownstown today.